The Brain :
1. Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
2. The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb.
3. Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream.
4. The brain is much more active at night than during the day.
5. The higher your I.Q. is , the more you dream.
6. Neurons continue to grow throughout human life.
7. The brain itself cannot feel pain.
8. 80% of the brain is water.
Internal Organs :
1. The largest internal organ is the small intestine.
2. The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet.
3. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razorblades.
4. The human body is estimated to have 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
5. The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court.
6. Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
7. Scientists have counted over 500 different liver functions.
8. The aorta is nearly the diameter of a garden hose.
9. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
10. You could remove a large part of your internal organs and survive.
11. The adrenal glands change size throughout life.
Hair and Nails :
1. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body.
2. Every day the average person loses 60-100 strands of hair.
3. There are as many hairs per square inch on your body as a chimpanzee.
4. Blondes have more hair.
5. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
6. The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger.
7. Human hair is virtually indestructible.
8. Nails and hair do not continue to grow after we die
1. After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.
2. If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.
3. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life.
4. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
5. Everyone has a unique smell, except for identical twins.
6. Your eyes are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
1. The colder the room you sleep in, the better the chances are that you’ll have a bad dream.
2. Tears and mucus contain an enzyme (lysozyme) that breaks down the cell wall of many
3. Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.
4. Your ears secrete more earwax when you are afraid than when you aren’t.
5. It is not possible to tickle yourself.
6. Women burn fat more slowly than men, by a rate of about 50 calories a day.
7. About 32 million bacteria call every inch of your skin home.
8. Humans shed and regrow outer skin cells about every 27 days.
9. Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute
10. Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells.
11. Every tongue print is unique.
12. The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.