1. It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
2. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
3. The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
4. You use 200 muscles to take one step.
5. It takes twice as long to lose new muscle if you stop working out than it did to gain it.
6. Bone is stronger than some steel.
7. The feet account for one quarter of all the human body’s bones.
8. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood the number is reduced to 206.
9. The smallest bone in your body is the stapes, which is located
deep inside your ear!
10. The longest bone in your body is the femur, or thighbone. It makes
up almost one quarter of your height!
11. The smallest muscle in your body is the stapedius, deep inside the
12. The biggest muscle in your body is the gluteus maximus, in your
bu ock. It helps pull the leg backwards for walking, running, and
13. Your body has 650 muscles. They make up nearly half of your
total body weight!
14. The width of your arm span stretched out is about the length of
your whole body!
15. Your "funny bone" isn't a bone at all. It's a nerve, called the ulnar
nerve, which runs down the inside of your elbow.
16. Humans have tails, too. It's at the end of the back bone, called the