We all do hear everyday to take antioxidants pills and foods , that they fight cancer but the real question is what they are and how they fight cancer ?
- Well you are in the right place because we are going to be antioxidated (lol)
- Chemically speaking an antioxidant is a substance that protects the other substances from oxidation by prefering to oxidise itself and not letting the other substances to oxidise,
- But how is the vitamine A related to antioxidants ?
- Natural and synthetic antioxidants are in the same group of compounds called THERPENES , and they are just a long chain of isoprene.
Vitamine A is a natural antioxidant , which is formed from the B-carotene. ( 8 units of isoprene).
Functionally works simply as the all antioxidants work but they do protect our cells by the reactive oxygen that forms free radicals.
- These free radicals are the bad things that could happen to us , because they do have the ability to cause chemical reaction and mostly of them causing the cells to destroy themselfs. The worst case is when they do "attack" the DNA and they do destroy the native conformation of the polinucleotid chain , and by that the DNA is coding genes that are not normal causing the cell to mutate and after that the cells are out of their normal control , and these non normal proliferating cells are called tumoral cells .
The 13 Healthiest Foods - Antioxidants
Thanks for your patience for reading this post . I was trying to be very simple and short , and i hope you got what i wanted to share with you !